Administrative officer NHC regional representative office in Kazakhstan
Type of vacancy: One year contract
Office location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Deadline for applications: 7 January 2014
Salary: Upon agreement
Professional competence requirements:
- Started or completed university degree in political science, law, business management or equivalent;
- At least 1 year of experience in working in non-governmental or international organizations, or working experience in the field of human rights/humanitarian projects and programs;
- Knowledge of and interest for current developments and challenges regarding the human rights situation in Central Asia;
- Ability to conduct various research, gather information and summarize;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Russian required; knowledge of Kazakh is an asset;
- Ability to work independently, be self-disciplined and adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent computer proficiency (Excel, MS Office);
- Experience in preparing financial reports and budgets;
- Ability to travel in the region;
- Knowledge and understanding of the practical tasks and requirements of a representation office.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with the Regional Representative and the NHC headquarters based in Oslo in managing programs/projects that support local initiatives on human rights in Central Asia.
- Perform the daily management of the NHC Small Grant Fund for Central Asia, including timely management and overview of agreements and reports and daily correspondence with grantees.
- Carry out routine program support functions of the NHC office, including payment of bills, preparing financial reports, organizing of events and various day-to-day practical tasks.
- Assist in preparation, implementation and reporting on human rights activities of the NHC office in Central Asia, including a variety of logistical and administrative tasks in co-operation with national and international governmental and non-governmental actors;
- To assist organizing of meetings, seminars, round tables discussions, conferences, and other events;
- Perform research and information gathering as requested, as well as daily monitoring of mass media;
- Oral and written translations upon request.
Notes on how to apply:
Please send your CV/Resume, cover letter and three recommendations to the following email address:
Administrative Officer Meirgul Kudabayeva
Phone: +7 777 0020150